Error 10605

Sego123
New Community Member

Hi 

I am currently using a woocommerce store which sells products to multiple countries. The stores is based in South Africa, and here, our preferred payment gateway is PayFast. This does not accept currencies other than South African Rands, however. I have incorporated a plugin called "Price Based on Country" which changes the currency according to where a user is viewing the site from. I am also using PayPal checkout for payments. 

So my store essentially works in 4 currencies. 

1) South Africa- ZAR (PayFast)

2) UK- Pounds (PayPayl)

3) UAE- Dirhams (PayPal)

4) Everywhere else- $ (PayPal)

I would like my international clients to use paypal, as they cannot use PayFast, but I would like to give my South African clients the ability to use PayPal if they would like. Whenever my South African or UAE clients hit the "Pay with PayPal button" they get an error 10605, which i believe is due ot the fact that PayPal doesn't support their currencies. How do I get around this? I.e. let my South African and UAE clients pay with PayPal? 

Please also notify as to how I can test PayPal checkout? I dont see a way to activate the testing environment, thanks. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

You may want to try a currency switcher plugin.  I know others have had success with this one.  There are some free options you could try as well.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.