Error #10413 since October 2019

Lichtpunkt
New Community Member

Hi there,

we are observing an new PayPal error since the beginning of October: „The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts (#10413: Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details)“

Our problem:

We are operating the store since many years now and never had this error before. Also we didn't change any settings, articles or didn't made any updates around this period. So I suggest PayPal changed a bit the way they calculate prices in October because it's obvious the problem is a rounding error. While we calculate with 4 decimals, PayPal calculates only with 3. So under special circumstances – and not every time – our customers get this #10413 error.

Our system:

We are running an online store with Magento 1.9.2.4 and the built in PayPal Express Checkout enabled.

Our (failed) solutions:

• In the Magento PayPal Express Checkout settings there's an option to deactivate sending all items of the shopping carts to PayPal. We already tried this with no effect.
  • Either the wired support  was able to help – because of the lack of expert knowledge – nor the help center via e-mail – they were not anywhere near an answer regarding our question,  I suggest for the same reason why the wired support couldn't help.

So dear people of the PayPal community, it's my first time around here, but you're my last resort. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Plum Bum

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

taiwandan
New Community Member

I have been experiencing the exact same problem for the last 2-3 months. My developers are clueless as to why it's happening or how to fix it, and paypal support was equally unhelpful. I got the standard, "It's not our problem, speak to Magento instead" response.

I also tried disabling transfer of cart lines, but this had no effect.

Did you ever get to the bottom of what was causing it?

Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.