Enrolling in PayPal Giving Fund

MHSF
Contributor
Contributor

I need to enroll in PPGF however it when I attmpt to verify my organizations Paypal account it gives me this error msg:

YOUR BUSINESS CLASSIFICATION IS NOT ELIGIBLE. TO CONFIRM YOUR CHARITY, YOUR SERVICE KEYWORD MUST BE "CHARITABLE & SOCIAL SERVICE ORGANIZATION. 

So I proceed to Edit my Company Profile and set it to CHARITABLE and SOCIAL SERVICE... But it fails to save this change. I go back and try to enroll and it gives me the same error message. how do i reach Paypal Support and get someone on the phone to help me with this?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

somePTA
Contributor
Contributor

Enrolling in the paypal giving fund has been an ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE for us.  First we had the problem described above.  We fixed it somehow, I think we just tried enough times and it worked.  Then, our contact name was incorrect: it was the name of our business, so we needed to change it.  But our name change was apparently impacted by the limitations put on our account when we tried to apply for the giving fund.  The documents I uploaded to prove I am a valid contact person keep getting lost.  I have uploaded them three times and talked to 5 customer service people.  I am stuck in a recursive circle of PayPal H*LL.  I'm waiting on hold for a supervisor, have been on the call for over 30 minutes. I suspect I'll be disconnected soon.  I've been diconnected 3 times and spent an hour on the phone with customer service yesterday.

Login to Me Too

sophia102
New Community Member

Enrolling has been EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING for us also. Two highly intelligent people from our organization, a PhD and a lawyer, followed the instructions exactly for enrolling in PayPal Giving Fund, and the message came up that they would take it from there, and we would get an email within 2-3 days. It's been more than 3 weeks and we still haven't gotten email confirmation of our enrollment. The PhD and the lawyer have both spent many hours on this process, sending emails and talking to 2 representatives. The last one we talked with assured us that they had all the required documents and would expedite our confirmation of enrollment. But we keep getting emails stating that our charity status is confirmed, but that we have to enroll, with a link that takes us back to the page where we initially enrolled with all the necessary information/documents.

Can anyone here tell us how to get out of this nightmare and get confirmation that we are a PayPal Giving Fund. We need to know soon so we can get our funds dispersed to our account. We've raised over $1000 so far on our campaign, and we want this money our faithful donors have given.

Thank  you!

Login to Me Too

alimfoundation
Contributor
Contributor

Edit Profile

Business Type - Non profit organization

Tick - This nonprofit is a registered charity.

In the Product or Service keyword box, empty it, place the cursor, type a space, the value "Charitable and Social Service Organization" should come. Select it and Save, you're done.

@kaelah25 @nigelhig @Hellopaul 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.