Employee Use of PayPal Here on their own device

cnelson0308
New Community Member

I have a Paypal business account setup and also have downloaded the app onto my phone and just received my card swipe. I need each employee to have their own reader to use at different work site locations each day and are not local to each other. Can someone provide instructions on how to allow employees utilize their OWN device (personal device or business owned device) and be a user on my PayPal Here business account when using the card swipe?   When you down load the PayPal Here app it asks for the employee to login with an an email and password. I tried it on one employee device but had to use my login information just to get it and obviously I don't want each employee full access to the account. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Did you setup the users in your Business Account first (easiest method) ??  See this info to get started.  When you add the users, you assign a User ID and Password to each person - the User ID is not an email address, it's a name you make up - note, the users cannot change the Password you assign. 

Once you have the users setup with the permissions you assign then "you" can login to the PayPal Here app, press the menu button (top left), then Settings, then User Management, you should see your authorized users.  Next press the < to go back to settings, then press the menu button, at this point you can Log Out.

To test the users, on the main screen for logging in, press the 3 dots at the top right of the screen, then press Switch accounts. There you can enter one of the User IDs you setup (not an email address) and Password that you assigned.  You may see a Security Challenge like I'm not a robot, that's normal to proceed.  To logout, press the menu button (top left), then Log Out (bottom of the screen), then Log Out again.

Now each user has their own login ID and Password that they can use with PayPal Here to accept payments.

Login to Me Too

Vince13
New Community Member

@Anonymous_User wrote:

Once you have the users setup with the permissions you assign then "you" can login to the PayPal Here app

So what does that mean? Let's say I have 40 employees in different parts of the country. I have to fly out to each location, log into their personal device with the administrative account, log out, just so they can log in?? And when an employee is replaced, the whole process starts again?
Why can't a user just log in with credentials set up by the administrator? That's how almost all such devices work, see Square.

Login to Me Too

ThistleDoNicely
New Community Member

I have this question as well! I cannot be at every location that my managed users are, and i do not want them to sign into MY account (that's why I set them up as managed users in the first place). At this point I will need to go to the store and get another square and use their services.

@Vince13 wrote:

@Anonymous_User wrote:

Once you have the users setup with the permissions you assign then "you" can login to the PayPal Here app

So what does that mean? Let's say I have 40 employees in different parts of the country. I have to fly out to each location, log into their personal device with the administrative account, log out, just so they can log in?? And when an employee is replaced, the whole process starts again?
Why can't a user just log in with credentials set up by the administrator? That's how almost all such devices work, see Square.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.