Ebay Managed Payments

Donegal
Contributor
Contributor

I have been informed this morning by Ebay UK that they will be starting to move sellers onto the Managed Payments system and that by the end of 2020 all payments will be paid directly into our bank account and no longer will be paid into Paypal.

How will this affect those of us who are using Paypal Working Capital loans that depend on the payments going into our Paypal account?

Login to Me Too
45 REPLIES 45

berdootux08
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know if a lot of people know this or not,but i sell on cross platforms/e-bay/amazon etc,etc and i have read a lot of forums about the e-bay managed payments and sell on both e-bay and amazon and if you don't think that e-bay is starting to do the same thing as amazon has been doing for so many years your wrong, because it's all about holding the money for a few day's,  as e-bay tried this as far as new sellers were concerned as there was a hold on their money but eased off of that for a while because of complaints,but now there back at it again, so they can put more money in there pockets by making fast cash with holding large amounts of money to grow interest/gain and profiting and if you think they don't make money on just holding your money for a few day's your wrong   !!!  Maybe not just a few people/s money hold or even a few hundred but when your talking about millions of accounts being held for a few day's until it " quote un quote " they are making ton's of money while we have to wait for our money that's not fair,just add it up,it's common sense  !!!  Amazon does the same thing but a lot worse and for a longer time up to 2 weeks hold for new sellers and they only receive a portion of that money as some of it is put up in a rainy day/buyer get's mad or wants a return in case the buyer has a dispute and after your fee's have been paid either for shipping and amazon's percentage out of a hundred dollar sale, you will only get around $60.00 to $75.00 for something that you sold for a $100.00  !!!  People used to blame PayPal for doing the same thing and they turned a lot of things around and are a god send to so many sellers on e-bay and even buyers !!!            The bottom line is you have to be grateful for what you have,however with e-bay turning there backs on there sellers again, it's obvious that e-bay is the best selling platform at this time for e-commerce, but being a seller for such a long time it just feels like a slap in the face, after working so hard for all these years and selling for e-bay and for myself for supplemental income and having my money when i need it, immediately, (because of PayPal) i make sure that the customer is getting the best service and good quality items shipped on time and making sure there packaged correctly,but now i have to wait to receive the funds and then wait for the funds to transfer to my bank, i feel like im selling on Amazon but with a different name called e-bay  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                     The only reason e-bay exists is because of sellers like me and you and e-bay got very popular because of of the uniqueness that it had from all of the different variety of item's for sell as well as the different sellers for small business and mom's and pop's stores  !!!              IT JUST FEELS KIND OF WEIRD/UN-COMFORTABLE  FOR ME THAT WERE LOSING THE VERY BASIC FOUNDATION THAT STARTED E-BAY,AND ALL FOR WHAT  ???       SO E-BAY CAN MAKE EVEN MORE MONEY,BECAUSE IT'S ALL ABOUT THE BUYER'S THESE DAY'S AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT AS THEY SAY " TAKE YOUR BUSINESS SOMEWHERE'S ELSE "  !!!!               THAT'S JUST MY OPINION AND WORKING OBSERVATION WITH E-BAY  !!!        PAYPAL WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT ??              "berdoo08"/Global Computing

Login to Me Too

Temp20230526CM
Contributor
Contributor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GvTKLpWzA8 this explains how the new system will work is working in the USA, Pay Pal Direct Deposits all looks good!! 

Login to Me Too

knjhj
Contributor
Contributor
Not good at all. Are you willing to give geedBay sour social security number?
Login to Me Too

knjhj
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal

Here's your opportunity to diversify! You have a large number of folks looking for an alternative to greed-bay. Set up an auction/e-commerce division and the sellers will come. And you can easily tell potential buyers since a large percentage of ebay buyers already have Paypal.

Back when most of eBay's business was in auctions, they were protected by the fact that sellers need lots of bidders to bring up the prices. Now that most transactions are buy-it-now, those sellers can move to another platform relatively easily, as long as that platform can produce potential buyers.

Please bring this online ASAP. I will happily endure growing pains to be free of monopolists at ebay.

Login to Me Too

knjhj
Contributor
Contributor
Start a Bonanza account immediately. If when it becomes big enough you can quit eBay and teach them a needed lesson. If you are in the US bonanza can import from eBay so it is very easy.
Login to Me Too

Kevin_Roberts
Contributor
Contributor

P.S. Yes, and the 'money laundering' aspect of argument very, very vague. I'm skeptical.

Login to Me Too

SamIAm42
Contributor
Contributor

Money Laundering My Cat Butt.  

Login to Me Too

Kevin_Roberts
Contributor
Contributor

I hear you Sam, it's Green Eggs and Ham for sure.

Login to Me Too

knjhj
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal needs to sue ebay. Thats what they can do.

Login to Me Too

knjhj
Contributor
Contributor
They can and should create their own auction platform!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.