Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Donations Given to Paypal Keeps Being Refunded

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

Donations Given to Paypal Keeps Being Refunded

So I recently started a fundraiser online, using <Removed>and had my Paypal linked into it. People have been sending in their donations through the website, and I do receive their payments/donations, but their payments/donations were all refunded and my balance remains at 0. How can I fix this? People who donated thought their donation came in, when in actuality, their money came back to them. Please help. I need the money to help my family.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Donations Given to Paypal Keeps Being Refunded

@hannahvlaurel 

You might need a PayPal business account if all your donations are being reversed and refunded back to your donors and you're using a personal account. On the Philippines PayPal homepage, it seems like Personal Accounts are for buying from online retailers or sending money for goods and services. And it's with Business Accounts you can receive payments.

Mouse over the Personal and Business menu at the top on the PayPal PH homepage below to see what you can do with each account type:

https://www.paypal.com/ph/webapps/mpp/home

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
1 REPLY 1
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Donations Given to Paypal Keeps Being Refunded

@hannahvlaurel 

You might need a PayPal business account if all your donations are being reversed and refunded back to your donors and you're using a personal account. On the Philippines PayPal homepage, it seems like Personal Accounts are for buying from online retailers or sending money for goods and services. And it's with Business Accounts you can receive payments.

Mouse over the Personal and Business menu at the top on the PayPal PH homepage below to see what you can do with each account type:

https://www.paypal.com/ph/webapps/mpp/home

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂