Damaged goods & seller protection

Cadman2
Contributor
Contributor

An item has arrived damaged I refunded customer but am I covered for seller protection can I claim fefund back via PayPal

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cadman2

Seller protection is for defending you against claims of non receipt of item or chargebacks etc.

If an item is damaged in the post then that is your reponsibility and you claim from any insurance you took out to send the item.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kattinsanity
Contributor
Contributor

When you sell an item and the buyer receives it in damaged condition you owe the buyer a full refund of the $$ they paid you.  If you shipped the item USPS priority mail you had automatic up to $50.00 insurance on the item~~IF the damage was caused in shipment and the package shows damage.  UPS has up to $100.00 insurance included I believe.  Neither ebay nor paypal refund you on damaged items~~that's between you and whomever you used as a shipper.   If it was insured file a claim with the carrier.

Login to Me Too

Cadman2
Contributor
Contributor
Carrier Won't pay up ... So av to absorb the cost
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kattinsanity

I don't think that any of that would apply to the UK's Royal Mail service.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kattinsanity
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you~~I have to start looking at the location of the poster before posting.

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

I have some USPS priority shipments which arrive with some items damaged,so I filed claim online and received a letter to take the items and box etc to a post office.

So I found the form 1000  and fill out my part and drove 20 miles each way  to my post office,the clerk referred to her supervisor to review the damage and then file forms,I waited for a long time in the post office for him to complete his part.

Altogether it took me 1/4 tank of gas,3 hours to get the forms submitted,probably will be approved but you never know/

USPS customer service claimed we can take it to any post office,but from my own experience,this is not so,we have to go to the post office which delivered the shipment.

Also there is a flaw in this,USPS WILL TAKE possession of  the broken item,but for $50,you cant let them take an item worth $500 if you have taken $450 insurance with a private insurer,it may also ask you to keep the item as they sent someone to review the damage or ask you to ship them the item for review.

if you let USPS takes the item,you have nothing to show the private insurer.

I have reservation to use USPS for some shipments,UPS or Fed Exp is better when it comes t o claims  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.