Cutting percentage of money from buyer to seller payments

anishk25
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I am trying to build an online marketplace website and want to integrate PayPal in the website for accepting payments. The marketplace will have have sellers offering various products to buyers. I want to cut a percentage of the money that buyers pay to sellers to keep as profit. For example if a buyer pays $10 for an item, I want to keep 10% of it and pay the seller $9. My solution for this involves collecting the money in my own PayPal business account when a buyer buys something and then using the Payouts feature (https://developer.paypal.com/docs/payouts/) to periodically send money to sellers. For example, if someone buys something for $20 on the platform, the payment would go into my business account first. Then let's say after a week I send the seller $18 keeping $2 for myself. Is my solution a recommended way of implementing profit cuts from buyer to seller payments or is there a better way for doing this? 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.