Customers cannot Access Paypal on Chrome

JAOTAO
Contributor
Contributor

When customers try to access my PayPal button (which image does not show) they receive: 

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.paypal.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_SYMANTEC_LEGACY

This is causing us to lose payments.  I did put up that they can access using IE or MSEdge … but I don't know what to tell them why they can't use Google Chrome.
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

zekrom_vale
Contributor
Contributor

@JAOTAO wrote:
NET::ERR_CERT_SYMANTEC_LEGACY

This article may be a bit old as Chrome and Firefox are planning to remove all trust fromall Symantec TLS certificates, but PCWorld says that "After the latest incident of improper certificate issuance, Google says that it has lost confidence in the world's largest certificate authority [, Symantec]". This distrust is already live in Chrome Dev 70. This has affected me as a buyer and a seller, as I cannot access PayPal and eBay is indicated as not secure site.

eBay, PayPal, and 1/3 of the internet will have to get a new TLS certificate, ether use Chrome less than 70, Firefox less than 60, or another browser.

Login to Me Too

JAOTAO
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your information. Seems to me I should also get with Symantec...  

Login to Me Too

aadamso
Contributor
Contributor

So basically, Google have taken it upon themselves to halt access due to their own loss in confidence in Symantec, but haven't offered an alternative other than using a competing service such as IE which in turn has the worst security of all web browsers...

Login to Me Too

Protonus
Contributor
Contributor

This needs to be fixed ASAP!  Chrome Canary / dev builds on version 70.x are now UNABLE TO ACCESS PAYPAL.COM AT ALL!!  Same with the latest Firefox builds!  

Prior you could click Advanced and proceed anyways, but not any longer!  Paypal.com is now totally inaccessible from these browsers!  The error looks like this:
2018-08-27 14_12_59-Privacy error.png

Login to Me Too

warbro
New Community Member

About a week ago, I found I couldn't access PayPal via Chrome or Firefox. On the PayPal login page, I keep getting a message: "Please check the CAPTCHA code and try again." The problem is, at no stage does a CAPTCHA code appear!

I rang PayPal (Australia) about it and was told it was nothing to do with PayPal. If I access PayPal via Edge, no CAPTCHA code is required. In fact, the login page via Edge is quite different from the login page via Chrome and Firefox.

What's going on with PayPal? I'm getting rather nervous about this. I'm inclined to remove my financial details from PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.