Customers are receiving error: Things don't appear to be working at the moment.

Steve_Thompson
Contributor
Contributor

Several donors report they are getting this error message when trying to use the recurring donation feature. We've tried to re-create the error, but we don't have any problems.

"Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later."

Is anyone else having this problem lately?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Steve_Thompson,

Thanks for reaching back out through our Community Forum. Sorry to hear your customers are receiving errors recently. If you're unable to recreate the issues, I normally would recommend the donors / customers reach out to PayPal directly to investigate what the issue may be on their end. Most times it can be browser-related and clearing the cache, cookies, and browsing history does the trick. Sometimes it's an account issue on their end. Either way, our Customer Support can assist further there.

Have a great day!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Steve_Thompson
Contributor
Contributor

What is the best way for customers to reach out to Paypal when they receive this error - is there a phone number included in the error message?

We did figure out the customer was including a "$" when inputting the amount of the donation, which was causing the error.  Can PayPal create a better error message for this situation, so customers won't need to call?  thanks, --Steve

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Steve_Thompson,

Thank you for that feedback. There are times when the error messaging is not specific because it could mean a number of things and requires a representative to examine what's happening. Please ask anyone encountering the issue to click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for contact options.

Thank you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.