Curious PayPal button behaviour

LiborV
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

We have a PayPal button for paying with credit cards/PayPal, but users complain that paying with the card does not work. I have tried a PayPal button (created in Tools->PayPal buttons) and really it does not work, after clicking on the button I get different results across browsers.

If I click on the button in Chrome/Firefox I get a page with the "Create an Account" button (chrome01.png). And after clicking on "Create an Account" the correct page with the "Pay Now" button appears (chrome02.png)!? I think it is an issue in a system, it is not logical.

If I click on my PayPal button in Edge I get the correct page (edge01.png) immediately.

You can find the test button at https://www.tibosoftware.com/archive/misc/ppbtest.htm

Notes:

• I tested the button in a private browsing mode to have clean cookies
  • "PayPal Account Optional" setting is switched 'On'
  • The behaviour is also dependent on browsing history (cookies). The correct page appears if some history exists, incorrect if empty history (tested in Firefox)

Could you please help me?

Libor

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

LiborV
Contributor
Contributor

It was solved by a PayPal technician, he wrote me: "I have made a change to your account to try to provide the option to pay via debit / credit card without creating an account as often as possible."

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

LiborV
Contributor
Contributor

It was solved by a PayPal technician, he wrote me: "I have made a change to your account to try to provide the option to pay via debit / credit card without creating an account as often as possible."

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.