Creating button w/ dropdown including variable amount

SoGalinSoCal
New Community Member

I would like to create a shopping cart button that includes a dropdown of 4 options plus a 5th option that is editable by the customer. (i.e. $5, $10, $15, $20 and their choice of amount)

I tried using the donation button, since it gives these options. But the transaction that logged in our account activity didn't have any identifier about this particular fundraiser (i.e. no item info). There are several different sources of payment that come into our account, so this is important.

I saw an answer to this in the forum from a few years back, but I believe the customization options have now changed... it appears you can no longer enter a 0.00 amount to allow variable amounts. The button generator gives an error that the amount must be greater than 0.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SoGalinSoCal 

The buy it now buttons does not allow for customers to enter any amount they want to pay. Only with or without prices when including product options.

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/paypal-payments-standard/integration-guide/buy_now_step_1/...

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.