Collecting donations via my website for medially injured friend

watamu
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all.  I am a retired Doctor of Psychology living in Spain. A long-time friend at my golf club had what was supposed to be a routine operation to free a nerve in her neck.  The surgery went disastrously wrong.  When she came round from the operation she was unable to breathe without a ventilator and was paralysed from the neck down.  She is now in the National Spinal Injuries Unit in Toledo - 5 hours from where we all live. A group of four of us have decided to mount a wide-scale appeal to raise funds for her rehabilitation - wheelchair and computer modified for a quadriplegic, a specially adapted vehicle, temporary live in  care and adaptations to their home etc  - some £40000 on all. 

I have designed a website for this purpose.  Problems come when I try to set up a link with credit card options to an account for the collections (to pay out into a bank account set up in the name of the Appeal Fund).  I have tried PayPal Business/Nonprofit but they require a formal charity or NFP status organisation - which we are not - just a committee of four people at our Golf Club.  I was told by a friend that we could have the donations paid into a Personal PayPal account but can't find out how to do this.

I don't want to use one of the commercial giving type fund raisers as we want to have our own multi-language, multi-page website run from here in Spain.  Can anyone help us with a way to do this?  Any help greatly appreciated

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.