Chip & Tap Reader (PCTUSDCRT)

PaulSneden
Contributor
Contributor

I spent an insane amount of time looking for a User guide for this Chip and Tap reader.

The community seems to have info on other items, and the .AU Paypal folks have a nice PDF on a couple of theirs, but for other models than this.

In general, I'd like to find out about the 4 lights on top (I think they're pin lights), but more importantly I seem to be getting the red light next to the USB power connection flashing some codes. This was after a device lockup (during software updates), and since it seems there's no hardware reset, I needed to leave it on until the battery died to get it "unlocked". (I couldn't turn it off anyway, it was completely locked with a steady blue "Bluetooth" light, but no device could detect it as a bluetooth device).

Now, during recharging, I have a flashing red (just steady flashing, not long/short this time). I'm not even sure if that's normal without a user guide.

I Intend to wait it out a few hours.

I may have had a guide, but I got this unit in late 2017. PayPal still sells them, so it's hard to believe there's not a downloadable or online user guide.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.