Charitable and Social Service Organization keyword isn't coming up

kaelah25
New Community Member

Trying to set up my account to get funds from my charity I created on GoFundMe, however, the keyword I need to continue setting up my funds "Charitable and Social Service Organization" is not coming up as an option when I try to put it in as my keyword. This is very frustrating, please help if you know how!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kaelah25 

PayPal has preset keywords so you have to tinker around with it and select the closest one. Do you have Charity or Nonprofit selected as Business type? "Charitable and Social Service Organization" is still too general. You need show what area of charitable or social services. For example is it is "youth", "club" or "church" or "religious", etc. Type a letter in to the field to display the keyword drop down menu and scroll around for the one that best fit your category of charitable or social organization.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kirklandlions
Contributor
Contributor

I've marked the charity box and also typed in charitable and social service organization in the category. Clicked Save.  It appears to save.  Then when I try to confirm my account as a charity it errors and says it's not.  I go to my profile, and it appears that it didn't save.  this is preventing us from accepting donations at the reduced rate.

Login to Me Too

None12
Contributor
Contributor

I've had this probleqmsince November 2020.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.