Changing a customer's Recurring (new price tier)

EriclKlein
New Community Member

We offer a service based on monthly tiered pricing (higher tiers get larger number of transactions/calls).
Recently an existing customer has requested to increase from our micro plan ($4.99 / month) to the small plan ($49.50 / month). This increase is obviously well beyond the 20% per 180 days permitted under the PayPal terms (that seems to be related to price increases not tier changes).

As they are pre configured with various APIkeys, is there a way for me to create a new Recurring Payment for them, and cancel the original one? Or do I need them to cancel the service and create a new account (this creates all sorts of tracking and reporting issues on their past activity/calls).

Talking to the support team (1 response per day) keeps coming back to how to do the initial integration (which is live and working for 10 years) rather than any manual way I (or they) can create a new payment where I can take the new Recurring Payment ID and manually update it in our system?

All I am looking for is that new Recurring Payment ID representing the new monthly amount.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.