Change email address affect my subscribtions?

SavaSafeHaven
Contributor
Contributor

Hello
I run a charity and get monthly donations from people thought subscriptions method at PayPal.
I must change my email address because the hosting website have continuous problems. I need move my domain to another hosting website so this means I will lose my primary email address.
After I make a new address and confirm it at paypal, it will affect all subscribtions? All people must cancel subscribtions and subscribe again to new address? If even they are sending to same PayPal account?

Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @SavaSafeHaven,

Thank you for your post! The answer is a little complicated. It's going to come down to whether or not you used a Merchant ID in place of an email address in the creation of your subscription button. If the subscription button utilized your Merchant ID, then the subscriptions will be intact when the email address is changed. If your buttons used an email address, then the subscriptions will have to be canceled and recreated with the use of an updated button.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.