Change business to Legal Entity

PeterNees
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Paypal business account for a Sole propriertyship, holding recurring payments from my customer. I started a company (LLC), and want to upgrade my account from Sole propriertyship to Legal entity, keeping my recurring payments. If want to change the business information from the user interface, I cannot change to a LLC.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

ioweb-gr
Contributor
Contributor

Did you manage to find a way to change this information?

Login to Me Too

PeterNees
Contributor
Contributor

No I did not. And PayPal did not reply to my question.

Login to Me Too

ioweb-gr
Contributor
Contributor

I see. I was hoping this would not be the case. It's been years since Paypal started going down the hill and this seems to be bottomless. They took down any possible way to contact them by providing messaging where no one ever replies and bots in facebook / twitter. Email links are 404 and calls are bot handled requesting a OTP which does not exist anywhere on the website.

It seems this is basically Paypal's idea of saying politely "don't annoy us, if it works for you good, if not we don't care"

Luckily in my case I can just cancel everything and start anew by closing my account but I can't imagine what someone in your situation would do.

Login to Me Too

PeterNees
Contributor
Contributor

I fully agree with you.

I kept my current non-legal-entity business account, as I can't afford losing my subscribers.

My main concern is: what happens if I would die? Would the account be closed, because it is a personal one?

Login to Me Too

ioweb-gr1
Contributor
Contributor
As a side-effect my username in the forum needs to change hahaha. Forgive the sarcasm but I think it's stupid not to have a way to transfer ownership of an account when you can transfer anything after one's death. I guess you'd have to authorize a person to manage your account afterwards forever. Imagine even facebook has taken this into account but PayPal not. You may have taken it into extremes but what you say is accurate. But even easier is a business takeover by a legal entity. They would still need everything to function after they acquire ownership of your company. While creating a new account for a legal entity I was surprised it was still linked to an individual's data as well
Login to Me Too

ioweb-gr1
Contributor
Contributor
Oh and the history is linked to the email address so I can stilll see everything from the previous company apart from the subscriptions I've had to cancel to close the account.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.