Cash Transactions Disappearing from Activity Reports

KatyP
Contributor
Contributor

I have been having an issue with PayPal Here for a couple of months. I record all of my sales using the PayPal Here app on my iPad, both cash and card transactions. At the end of the week I enter the individual transactions into my accounting software. My cash records were not matching up with my actual cash one week (way more than just an error when giving out change). So I went through the app's Reports and the Activity as shown on the Paypal website, and there were multiple transactions missing. I can tell, because the transaction ID numbers are used sequentially, and there were gaps in the sequence that could not be explained. It became apparent that the credit card transactions were showing up, but every single one of the cash transactions for that time period had disappeared. About a week later, they were back in both the app and online, and I was able to record them. I hoped it was a glitch. But the issue has repeated and I'm getting frustrated. As of right now I am missing 13 cash transactions all from one date. I have the Transaction ID numbers, but they are nowhere to be found. I can't reconcile my cash account; I don't have a legally required record of those sales; and I can't file my state sales taxes because I can't see how much of my sales were for taxable vs nontaxable items. How can I resolve this issue? Other than moving to Square...

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.