Card Reader Broken

Northernflair11
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, My card reader is now saying damage detected and even the factory reset isn't having an effect. Is this completely dead? I need it for a craft fair tomorrow.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

dannylad100
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same issue today. Started to charge the 2 readers and got the same error "Damage to card reader detected". Customer Service told me I had to charge the readers every month or so to check for updates. The readers aren't damaged, they just can't update because they haven't updated in a long time. They told me I have to buy new readers. Well I don't accept that. I'm investigating what files I need to have on the readers to make them boot properly. I can access the drive that the files sit on, it is MIURA. I've downloaded a zip file called Miura-Windows-v1 and I'm attempting to mount the files onto the damaged reader. I'll let you know how I go.

Login to Me Too

Northernflair11
Contributor
Contributor
That's good to hear, not for either of us technically obviously, but what you said makes sense as this hasn't been turned on for a few months. Please do let me know if you get a workthrough for this, I can't believe that was PayPal's advice. Such a money grabbing, unmentioned tactic. Are they merging with Apple?! 😂
Login to Me Too

NickLarkin
Contributor
Contributor
Mine is also broken and has the same message that card reader broken and contact PayPal. It’s brand new so it’s very frustrating
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.