Can we see what companies have set up automatic payments on our paypal accounts?

NickFi
Contributor
Contributor

Today I got a notification that my subscription via Digital River has been renewed and the paypal account has been charged $99.99. It was the second charge, last year I haven't noticed the email from paypal.

I had no idea what the charge was for or who Digital River is. I went to Digital River website and entered the order number and my email address and nothing came up. I entered my email address saying I forgot my password and I've been told that a password has been emailed to me. There was no password received, because I don't even have an account with them.

My experience today with Digital River was terrible. They make it impossible for users to contact them, even when I have an order number available and my paypal account was used for payment. I had no other choice than to open a dispute with them. I asked my wife if the made any purchases on paypal and she said no. But when she checked her email, she received an email from Digital River informing her of renewal of subscription. She also does not have an account with Digital River and when she tried to reset her password, she also didn't get any email from them. It turns out that last year she somehow (and without her being aware of it), has created a perpetual yearly subscription to AVG Antivirus for ten devices. The very concerning thing is that she did not have to give her approval for this to happen. She used the free version of AVG last year for a while before switching to another free antivirus. I received the paypal notification last year, but since I receive many emails every day, it was very easy to miss it.

What I want to find out is - can I see in paypal if there is any automatic payment recurring in the future from any company?

I most definitely do not want to hear that my account has been charged by some unknown company without me being aware of it and approving the payment.

Thanks,

Nick

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NickFi 

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NickFi 

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

hnguyenquang397
Contributor
Contributor
For example, a Paypal account without an activation code can be used, so STK and visa card are always with them but their account is not enough to transfer and send back, they only have stk
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.