Can't use virtual terminal. It sticks on the "Checking your info…" loading screen

fernyer
Contributor
Contributor

It's been doing this for two days now and we are having a hard time processing our orders through Virtual Terminal.  When I click to the Virtual Terminal page (which we've done daily for years), it starts with the normal "Checking your info…" loading gif, but never continues to the page.

We have cleared our cookies, tried different browsers (Chrome, Firefox, and Edge), different computers, and even rebooted our internet connection to get a new IP to see if any of that would clear the problem.  We can sometimes get it to work once on a new browser that hasn't been used yet or a new machine that hasn't' been used yet.  But after the first instance, the same glitch starts up and we can no longer process orders.

Is anyone else having this issue?  Any ideas on what we can do to clear this? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

worldwidebc
New Community Member

Same issue. I can use a different computer or browser to process one transaction, then I get the "checking your info" and can't proceed.

Did you find a resolution?

Login to Me Too

fernyer
Contributor
Contributor

Not yet.  We are getting maybe one use from each browser on each separate computer.  After that first use for each browser it won't work any longer, even after clearing cookies and F5.

That being said, we do have a computer that still has Windows 7 on it so instead of the Microsoft Edge browser, it has the older Internet Explorer.  That's not a browser we would generally login PayPal with because I don't think it updates.  But we ran a transaction with Internet Explorer.  Then it got stuck on the next transaction like we expected.  But after logging out and logging back in, we got another use out of it.  Maybe that's a temporary work around?  Using Internet Explorer on a Windows 7 computer and logging out and back in with every Virtual Terminal transaction. 

Hopefully it gets ironed out soon.  I can post the uncaught exception from the developer console if a PayPal associate needs it for trouble shooting. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.