Can someone edit the URL of a PayPal button and change the price of an item?

BlacksmithVRS
New Community Member

Hello community!

I generated this button on the provided button generation tool:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_cart&business=thesynthforger%40gmail%2ecom&lc=EN&item_nam...

I am aware that there are 2 main methods of generating buttons: one being the above shown, where you generate a link only, and another one where you generate an HTML component to be included in your vendor website. But I noticed that since the first method generates a URL, anyone can edit the GET parameters and, say, change the product name, price and currency. Is it supposed to be like that? Isn't there any way of pointing the user to an already defined product ID, which won't allow the user to edit the product? I mean, I can spot right on if someone's trying to buy my 1USD product for 20 cents, but I don't think this is how it works for real, having me keep worrying about someone changing prices in the URL.
I am trying to use the URL solution because I dislike the fact that the buttons' images in the provided HTML frame doesn't look good on all resolutions/zoom levels.

Thank you for your help!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.