Buyer Purchased Personalized Brushes (900), Paypal refunded and Buyer has items

Krol1
Contributor
Contributor

A customer purchased personalized brushes for their students.  I spent 2 weeks going over every detail with the customer and making sure all was correct, as personalized items are non-returnable or refundable.  Even though the customer picked out every detail of the custom brushes, when they received them, they stated this is not what we ordered..WHAT?? They picked out every detail!   My staff and I worked 14 shifts to to complete the order in the short time frame allowed.  Paypal does not cover custom items so the customer disputed the charges with their bank and Paypal immediately refunds the customer over $3,000.  Not only did Paypal refund the customer, the customer still has the brushes which I can't use because they are personalized with each students name.  I submitted 63 pages of detailed emails, conversations, descriptions ..... I don't think Paypal even looked at it.  I have now appealed Paypals decision, but Paypal is now telling me they follow strict rules with Banks and CC and will automatically refund the buyer.  I am not just out $3,000, I am out $6,000.  I dont even know how to find out what CC they use or bank so I can submit all my evidence directly.  Not sure who to complain to?  Is this theft becasue the customer has their money back and they have the product?  At a LOSS!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Krol1

If its a chargeback with a bank or credit card and not a paypal dispute then that bank or card company make the decision and not paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Krol1
Contributor
Contributor
The customer was invoiced through PayPal and they paid my invoice through PayPal .
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Krol1

Yep but they FUNDED that paypal payment via a bank account or card and must have done a chargeback via that bank account or card and so that bank account company or card company makes the decision and not paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Krol1
Contributor
Contributor
Agreed! Although, I guess the bank just goes by the customers word without even reviewing anything about the order.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Krol1

Sadly you are probably correct.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.