Buy Now button not working

Tjschlander
Contributor
Contributor

I set up a "buy now" button  and put on my website and it worked for two sales.  I am trying to run a test on it (using my own c.c. info) and I get an error message.  I am able to load my c.c. info/home address and when I click "pay now" it attempts to process and then comes back with the error message "we're sorry.  Things don't appear to be working out at the moment".

Any idea how to fix?  Is it a paypal system thing?  Or maybe me trying to run my own card?  Or because I issued two refunds? Should I try creating a new "buy now" button?  PLEASE HELP!  I am under a time crunch to launch a new sales program.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Nick

Hi @Tjschlander,

This is the intended function of the PayPal system. We won't allow you to use your own card to test your payment button. It's best to have a friend try it out on a separate device and then refund the payment. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. 

~Nick

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Nick

Hi @Tjschlander,

This is the intended function of the PayPal system. We won't allow you to use your own card to test your payment button. It's best to have a friend try it out on a separate device and then refund the payment. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. 

~Nick
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.