Buy Now Button Link with Text Field Workaround

darlene1550
Contributor
Contributor

I created a buy now button with a text field. The problem is that can't use the link on my website because i think either the Paypal form link is too long, or, because my website editor doesn't recognize it as a link because it doesn't start with "http" or "www", it starts with <form action="https....." What's the workaround so that I can link to my Paypal payment page? I get that since i did use a text field, the email link option is not available. 

The product I'm selling must have the option for the buyer to select a particular document to include with their order (like an add-on or a free gift, for example) so i created the text box for that reason. Thanks, I hope you can help me.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

darlene1550
Contributor
Contributor

.... I figured out how to do it. I just saw that in my website editor I have to create a new page, an html page and this lets me create the paypal buttons using the link i created with the text field. woohooo!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@darlene1550

Remove the old PayPal button code from your webpage. Save it. Preview the page in browser to see if the page renders correctly without the button so that you can check for broken html tags.

Go back to PayPal and copy and paste the button code into the website code again. The length of the PayPal button code should not matter as long as the html tags in the button code are not missing any characters and are closed correctly.

For example:

<p> </p> as opposed to <p> </p

Some html editors may not render pages correctly so open the page up in a browser to see how it looks instead.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

darlene1550
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for responding. The page itself works fine, I've edited and published it many times as I continue to make changes. I'm thinking the code is too long because the box i the website editor where i paste the code turns red and I can't continue on to save it.

I copied the code directly from Paypal, I don't think it'd be broken. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

darlene1550
Contributor
Contributor

.... I figured out how to do it. I just saw that in my website editor I have to create a new page, an html page and this lets me create the paypal buttons using the link i created with the text field. woohooo!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.