Business account closed?? FOR REAL?

Cyberdog
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Not too sure where to post this but I'll post everywhere I can to let everyone know the unfairness of what has happened here.

I run three businesses through the account, one of them is a retail shop where we use iPads linked to PayPal Here machines, this is our payment system for taking cards and cash and the app operates all the cash registers etc. Got a phone call from a member of staff that they couldn't take cards because it kept flashing up that the account had been limited?

I logged in to the PP account to see what the deal is and it said "you're no longer able to use your account." It said it had been closed but then I relogged back in and it said the account access had been limited. Log number here if anyone in power wants to see what the deals is - PP-005-095-875-139

I phones PayPal customer service, got put through to three different people and the final person said pretty much that he can't take it any further, can't give any more information and there's nothing I can do for at least 72hrs.

Really? In this day and age, there's nothing I can do about it? Really?

Because PayPal have decided with no warning to limit and potentially close the account, I now at the very least for the next 3 working days cannot take cards in the shop, cannot have staff log transactions for cash as it's all done through the PayPal Here app. I can't move the business money to business account for account verification and now I can't do anything with regards to the account apart from add money. Why would I want to add money only to have PayPal hold it. It says they may hold on to all funds for 180 days.

Got me thinking for reasons why? There are thousands of pounds go through the account every month, 95% from the PayPal Here machine and the other 5% through invoices sent out which are all paid up. My address are correct, my bank details are fine, everything is legal and above board. Sometimes we take payments over the phone but this was already discussed half a year ago and if we put over £2000 through within 7 days via phone orders or entering card numbers then that payment may get held for 30 days, we were fine with that, now problem there. So what it is? 

The last payment received in to the account was at 2.06pm from an American company called Draft 2 Digital which is an online publishing company where we publish some of our material. This was for one months royalties and was less than $100 as pretty much always. I withdrew some money to mt business and my personal account this morning as I do most mornings. Nothing has changed.

The last email from PayPal was to confirm that I had withdrawn funds this morning, nothing since and nothing regarding the account limitation. This has been of course confirmed by the unhelpful member of staff named Ray who I spoke to at 15:15. They can't give out surnames which is a whole other story. All he could do was read what was on his screen, that's it.

PayPal can stop my business transactions for three days at the very minimum, damage my retail business in that cards cannot be used by customers in an environment where most do and there's no one I can speak to about this, no option of recourse. No procedure to find out what had happened, where I may have gone wrong.

The worst thing is that I have PayPal working capital loan on the account that has a year left and if they close the account which they're looking likely to then how do I pay that back. They said on the message on logging in that I had violated the user agreement. I've just read through the entire agreement and there is nothing we have violated.

How can I continue to use PayPal for my businesses if they can just shut down the account with no option to respond to anything at all? It's just crazy. Any help would be appreciated or has this happened to anyone else for legitimate reasons?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_david

Hi Cyberdog.

Very sorry to hear what has happened on your account recently. 

There are a number of different reasons as to why your PayPal account may have become restricted and then subsequently limited permanently.

We are unable to see and discuss account specific information via the Community I'm afraid so you would need to reach out to us directly so that we can look into this further for you. 

This can be done by contacting us directly via Twitter @AskPayPal or via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and we can look into this further for you. If you wish, you can alternatively reach out to our customer service team by phone on 0800 358 7911 and we can assist you with any questions that you may have.

David.

Login to Me Too

angryhorse
New Community Member

hi david was this resloved as i have just had the same thing happen to me i have not had any disputes and my orders have gone out in timely manner . my account has now been closed but with £4088 still help with paypal 

Login to Me Too

Cheree925
New Community Member
This happened to me about 2 years, after many hours someone at PayPal told me that it was because my IP address was associated with activities they did not approve of but could not give any more details. I've heard if you had a business account that was closed you can open a personal one and vice versa, we are in the process of trying this as the need for additional income is needed right now.
Login to Me Too

rumz92
New Community Member

OMG!!!! same thing just happened to me. they have no proof of evidence or anything to show why they are closing our account. no warning nothing. suddenly a stupid warning sign next to the bell pic. seriously. there stupid email doesn't even explain why properly. they bring something up that you o ready forgot about it . i never recommend business seller to use pay-pal ever!!! again there loss 100%

Login to Me Too

in2019
Contributor
Contributor
EXACTLY the same thing is just happening to us. We have started an ebay shop half a year ago, everything was running smoothly, until suddenly, out of the blue, paypal terminated us in this fashion. We are totally at a loss what is wrong. The call handlers cannot help, some of them say "everything is fine, ignore the automated emails", but a few minutes after the call we get another email. The emails are saying that paypal considers us too risky to do business with. If it is due to the fact that two of us have logged into the account from different machines in different countries, then I would prefer being told that this is not permissible, as we could easily work round this. We are left with an extremely bitter taste in our mouths at being dropped like this by paypal. Totally unjustified and unfair. They closed down our perfectly legitimate shop which had zero issues with payments or anything since starting!
Login to Me Too

BLUDSHOTiZ
New Community Member
Yeah mine was closed as well. I have a youtube channel along with a website and sponsor that all fed to the 1 account. I have never withdrawn money from the business account. (which I had to make a new email just to create a separate account since paypal can't make a user account and a business account separate) All of my transactions were completely legal and legit businesses. They basically **bleep** me over after I set up accounts with multiple companies. I work a full time job and do this on the side so obviously I don't have time to deal with this. Customer service is trash also, no one will pick up a phone. I get put on hold and immediately have an automated message tell me "we can't accept your call at this time, please use our website that won't help you"
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.