Business Account for Donations

IP_Forum
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I run and administer a game server and I'd like to be able to accept donations from my players. I'm not selling anything or providing any additional services for the donations. This is solely a hobby for me and I don't own any businesses or 501c3 organizations. I want to be able to accept donations without giving everyone my personal paypal information. I tried setting up a business account, but it asks for a legal business name and I read in other posts that legal business documentation is required to verify a business account (which I don't have because I don't own a business). I called PayPal customer service and asked if I could use a 2nd personal account with the game server's information as the name so that people know what they're donating to. They told me that I couldn't do that, but suggested that I apply for a non-profit business account. However, I don't have an option to do that when I create a business account because the very first thing it asks for is a legal business name (which, again, I don't have). Can anyone please provide a solution or recommendation for this? TL;DR I wan't to accept donations for a game server that I own. I want to have the display name show custom information related to the server instead of my personal paypal information. I do not own a business. How can I do this?
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.