Brand New Chip and Swipe Readers have issues, need customer service to step up

beach6tx9
New Community Member

My two brand new chip and swipe readers wont read chip or swipe but will allow manual card information to be entered, I ordered two tried to use and finally after a couple hours of waiting they wrote a ticket and i got asked more questions, but finally the phone answerers at paypal here got word that there is a issue, the tech dept on their first response after two day stated yes there was a issue, but it may get resolved mid april then more time to get the app for paypal here updated, manually entering every transaction paying the additional fee and funds being held longer is terrible, called and asked for two replacements to correct propblem or send the next level up readers so we can do business, but all i got so far is we will send you a return kit so i can return them and get a refund, if paypal is so customer service why all the problem and no resulution except wait for a month, diddnt they test this product before rolling them out, I want to use paypal for my business but at what grief level, is there anyone in customer service that can make this problem witht. Thanks for anyones help in advance..Ted

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

isbnetwork
Contributor
Contributor

I too have two brand new chip and swipe readers that no apple device is able to connect too. What I mean is, it is not discoverable by any iphone or ipad yet an android sees it just fine. SO FRUSTRATING

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.