Bluetooth Connectivity Issues w Card Reader!

BurnFitness
New Community Member

We only do a few transactions per month via cards.  PayPal sent us the mobile bluetooth card reader...  It's HORRIBLE.

We have to basically "un-find" the reader every time, and then search for it, link it back up, and even then it seems that everything has to be perfect every time for it to talk to our phones.  We use Bluetooth devices ALL THE TIME... so "it's not me"!

Does PayPal have a hard-wired card/chip reader solution for a Mac?  We do 100% of our transactions at the desk in our business.

Thanks,

Jeff
BURN Fitness Training

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Another option is check out what Square has to offer in POS systems - you can easily connect an iPad via the Square Stand to a printer and card reader by USB type connectivity or go with their own brand POS system.   No customer accounts needed per say - and from real experience, it's one up on PayPal's.    Bottom line, we like PayPal's Add to Cart and Buy Now Buttons for our online shop but, use Square in our brick and mortar shop.   There are advantages to both and not keeping all of your eggs in the same basket is smart business.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.