cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any other merchants who cannot Reactivate Suspended Profile customer susbcriptions?

Highlighted
Contributor

Any other merchants who cannot Reactivate Suspended Profile customer susbcriptions?

This only pertains to merchants who use PayPal to have their customers sign up for monthly automatic recurring payments / subscriptions.

As some of you probably noticed, PayPal has made some changes this past year with the recurring payments system (for example - now calling them "Profiles" instead of "Subscriptions") , and when the customer's backup funding source card expires, PayPal's system automatically "Suspends" the "Profile" subscription.

Well, I recently had a customer whose monthly subscription payment failed due to a change in funding source, and so the subscription (Profile) was auto "Suspended". The customer contacted me to let me know that they went into PayPal and updated their funding sources, and gave me the go-ahead to "Reactivate" their subscription Profile.

However, when I log in to my PayPal merchant account and click on their Profile and click Reactivate, it returns the error / message "Unable to Reactivate the Profile".

I have a ticket open with PayPal MTS and working with them to try to troubleshoot this, but I'm just wondering...

Have any other merchants who use PayPal's Subscription feature encountered this issue?

I would really like to know if anyone else has run into this.

Thanks for any replies!

PS - I actually pay for the "Enhanced Recurring Payments" service, $19.99 a month, so that I can allow customers who do not have a PayPal account subscribe with just their Credit Card / Debit Card without having to create a PayPal account. Just in case that matters.