Am I allowed to sell game accounts using Paypal as the payment method?

Lumagrowl
New Community Member

Am I allowed to sell online gaming accounts such as World of Warcraft or League of Legends accounts? Some people told me that this is against Paypal's acceptable use policy but I have read this policy and found no such claims.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lumagrowl 

Are you allowed to sell these game accounts according to the manufacturers of the game? Because the very first clause in the AUP is that you do not violate any law, ordinance, statute, etc overall, and then it goes into specific things.

Because the manufacturers/developers may not allow it and can sue PayPal. PayPal will also ask where you get the supply of game accounts, via supplier invoices and proof of delivery if they want to know more about your business. You also can't sell stolen digital goods.

Digital goods such as gaming accounts are also high risk of scams, causing disputes. You may need prior approval to sell "games of skill (whether or not legally defined as gambling)" which is in the AUP section.

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/ua/acceptableuse-full?locale.x=en_AU

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lumagrowl 

Are you allowed to sell these game accounts according to the manufacturers of the game? Because the very first clause in the AUP is that you do not violate any law, ordinance, statute, etc overall, and then it goes into specific things.

Because the manufacturers/developers may not allow it and can sue PayPal. PayPal will also ask where you get the supply of game accounts, via supplier invoices and proof of delivery if they want to know more about your business. You also can't sell stolen digital goods.

Digital goods such as gaming accounts are also high risk of scams, causing disputes. You may need prior approval to sell "games of skill (whether or not legally defined as gambling)" which is in the AUP section.

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/ua/acceptableuse-full?locale.x=en_AU

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.