Adult products: does PayPal have double standards?

Cockinette
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can enlighten me on the subject. I have done research about whether or not it is possible to use PayPal as a payment gateway while selling physical adult products online. What I have found is that many people got banned from PayPal for doing so. So you'd think it's forbidden. HOWEVER, when I check online adult toys stores such as Lelo, Love Honey, Chakrubs, GetMaude etc... I see that they ALL offer PayPal as one of their payment gateway. So what's up with that? Why does PayPal authorize some stores but not others to sell the exact same products? It does not make any sense to me. This seems unfair and unethical to me. It should be simple. If PayPal does authorize it, then they should authorize it for EVERYONE as long as the products sold are legal. If PayPal does not authorize it, then they shouldn't let anyone use their services when selling adult related products.

Furthermore, it's 2021 now. Sexual wellness shouldn't be taboo anymore and selling adult related products shouldn't be seen as high risk or be frowned upon. 

Hoping to get a CLEAR answer on the subject.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.