Add terms and conditions to my Paypal checkout

Ireland1718
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys just looking for help with adding some terms and conditions to my Paypal checkout page. I currently use the Paypal shopping cart button on my page. Is there anyway that I could add a box for customers to "tick" or accept the terms and conditions of my business before they are allowed to purchase? Thanks

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

MTS_Ciaran

How do @Ireland1718 Welcome to the community 🙂

Theres no way to add this to the PayPal checkout page. But, you can add this to your website and using Javascript you could restrict the button click until the box is ticked. Try something like this:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>

Checkbox: <input type="checkbox" id="myCheck">

<button onclick="check()">Check Checkbox</button>

<script>
function check() {
    if(document.getElementById("myCheck").checked = true)
    {
    alert("Now Bounce me to PayPal :)");
    }
}
</script>

</body>
</html>
Login to Me Too

Ireland1718
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Ciaran. I sell using a Facebook business page, do you know how I add Javascript to a Facebook business page? I really have no idea about this sort of stuff. Thanks

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

ohhhh, technically it should be possible, but I would recommend to reachout to the Facebook developer support guys, they'll be able to tell you for sure. 

Login to Me Too

Ximena_Andrea
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ciaran! How would you do it with smart buttons? Here is the code I use for the buttons to appear... I'd be very grateful if you can help me with a code that blocks that button until you check a Terms and Conditions checkbox!

<!DOCTYPE html>

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">
<script src="https://www.paypal.com/sdk/js?client-id=AbxfgDqn8Crz1o2Xc6XcNLGJvEXdtv0nIeZIB__4_GiKkLk8e1FFcx0Ieebq...>

<div class="paypal-button" id="paypal-plan-container"></div>
<script>
paypal.Buttons({
createSubscription: function(data, actions) {
return actions.subscription.create({
'plan_id': 'P-40U91003BB360305TLW7W63Q'
});
},
onApprove: function(data, actions) {
alert(data.subscriptionID);
}
}).render('#paypal-plan-container');
</script>

Thank you very much!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.