Add charges to a credit card transaction.

Partyco
New Community Member

We are a business, and swiped a credit card on location for a transaction from the customer.  All good, 

except we realized after he left, we under-charged him for a high ticket item.  I understand how to do 

a 'refund' of a purchase, but I wanted to know if there is a way to charge an additional amount to his card,

or send a money request or somehow get in contact just from his transaction?  His name is unverified, 

so probably does not have a paypal account, and it was charged to his Amex card successfully.   My 

invoice just states 'cleared' and a partial card number.  Any suggestions?  Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Unfortunately you won't be able to charge the additional amount.  Assuming this was a one time purchase, not a return customer and you didn't collect an email address, if you do have the customer's name that may be your only starting point.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Unfortunately you won't be able to charge the additional amount.  Assuming this was a one time purchase, not a return customer and you didn't collect an email address, if you do have the customer's name that may be your only starting point.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.