Activating Paypal Payouts horror

pascal023
Contributor
Contributor

Never knew it could be this hard to get a simple feature in Paypal activated.

Owning a account for years now, we now want to mass payout our upcoming affiliates. We find out that we needed Paypal Payout. 

There is this enable option in the Dev dashboard. Clicking the button pops up a contact us button> clicking the button it goes to some kind of FAQ page without any clear information about paypal payouts. Hmm ok, mayb we need to put more effort in it and find out ourselfs> Top tight bottom "Contact Us" ok lets call "Call us"> dutch paypal helpdesk > we need technical support they cant provide this support> I have to email technical support.> Ok Email tech support> 

Answer: 

Thank you for contacting PayPal regarding payouts.

Before you can opt for payouts you need to resolve the limitation currently on your PayPal account.

Ok, but what limitations? where, how?

answer:

Thank you for contacting PayPal .

From your email I understand you are wondering how to remove the limitation off your PayPal account.

I have reviewed your account and what we need from you is a copy of your photo ID. You can upload this in your resolution centre on the PayPal account.

Once you upload this, it will be reviewed within 72 hours.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

There's absolute no option in our (business)  account>Resolution centre to upload any document or photo at all, but ok. Somehow we manage to upload a driving license... let's wait.

No answer couple day so let's contact them.

Anwser:

Thank you for contacting PayPal regarding your PayPal account.

Your account is not enabled for Paypal Payouts. This feature can only be used by accounts who have an Account Manager or who qualify for Business Support.

If your PayPal account qualifies for Mass Payments in the future, we'll contact you. We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Wow we really need to tickle their b...s to squeeze out any more information.

Ok assigning a Account manager to the business account and reply..

Answer:

Thank you for your reply.

After reading your message, I have reviewed the PayPal account linked to ... and would like to share the following:

I was unable to locate any account manager who has been assigned for this PayPal account. If you have any other accounts, for which an account manager has been assigned, it would be best to contact the account manager. If any of your PayPal accounts have a specific manager or are supported by our specialized Business support, you can also address them with your questions.

If non of your PayPal accounts are yet invited to be account managed or supported by the Business support team, PayPal Payouts would not yet be a viable option. Once an account is eligible for any exclusive support, we will send you an invitation.

I hope to have answered you to your needs and that your business consistently grows.

If there is anything else, I would be glad to help.

Ok, so can somebody please tell me what they want? Why is it this hard to get Paypal Payouts for non-us countries enabled?

We dont spam, we are using Paypal for almost 10 years with this account. Never had any issues.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pascal023 

After you click the Contact Us button on dashboard to enable Payouts, scroll down past the FAQs and click "CONTACT US" and then scroll down again to click "CALL US". People don't like to scroll around the page no more these days for some reason.

Maybe this may help after you have spoken with PayPal:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/payouts/integrate/prerequisites/#

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

pascal023
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

We already called that number. We get the dutch service desk who directed us to technical support via email. The quotes are from the technical support.

Thanks for the link, we did not try "Get access to PayPal Payouts" link yet.

Login to Me Too

pascal023
Contributor
Contributor

That link "Apply for access to PayPal Payouts" is also not working for us. Not even a confirmation messsage, nothing.

Login to Me Too

kaidolex
New Community Member

Did you get an approval?

Login to Me Too

pascal023
Contributor
Contributor

No, I didn't bother it anymore. We use Stripe for payouts for our affiliates. Work like a charm.

Login to Me Too

csk09
Contributor
Contributor

I am currently experiencing the same horror story by paypal. I tried to contact Stripe, but they are unable to support in India at this point. Is there any other merchant that supports both US and India with the same functionality ?

Login to Me Too

SmartHubTM
New Community Member

I'm thinking of searching another provider.

do you know something good like Stripe?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.