Accept donations for business

Charoniv
Contributor
Contributor

I have a web site on which I want to allow people to send (small) payments for help they've received from the site.

It's a technical info site and people keep wanting to donate.

It's a site for a company (UK) and has a business paypal account.

All donations would be declared and taxed as business profits.

I believe it is allowable to use the donation button for this and this is what I have done initially.

I would like to know if there is a better way and if this is allowable. The annual total is expected to be quite small

I'm not too worried about getting user information with this.

If they want me to know who they are they will contact me.

I want to keep it as simple as possible for the user.

I generate the web site by automatically pasting in text to the html so need something that is self contained as an html block (the donate button seems to work well).

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Charoniv 

Donation buttons have slightly different features from pay/buy now buttons (as donation buttons) but you can use them and slap on a donate button image instead. I am not sure how exclusive PayPal makes the donation button for charity use as oppose for profit use.

You can explore the differences here:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/integration/web/

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Charoniv 

Donation buttons have slightly different features from pay/buy now buttons (as donation buttons) but you can use them and slap on a donate button image instead. I am not sure how exclusive PayPal makes the donation button for charity use as oppose for profit use.

You can explore the differences here:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/integration/web/

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Charoniv
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.

I've changed to a buy now button. The donation looks slightly better as the buy now seems to have a text field under the title text. I think that might go away if I create my own button image but that's for later. Also comes up with refund info which I don't want.

Anyway happier with a buy now rather than donation in case that is meant to be restricted to non-profit.

Unless it can be confirmed that the donation button is ok to use.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.