501-3c charity account

aslauda
New Community Member

I volunteer for a charity organization 501-3c, im looking to start a business account for them to take donations and sell certain items. question is do i need a SSN to open a business account or can i tie it specifically into the charity tax id? as the leadership may change and i would rather not have to close and open an account every few years

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

For Business Accounts, the person who opens the account needs to provide proof of who they are, one method for doing so is providing your SSN.   Unless something has recently changed, as the account point of contact, you may be required to input your SSN in order to complete the account setup.   (PayPal will use your organizations tax ID for reporting purposes.)

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

For Business Accounts, the person who opens the account needs to provide proof of who they are, one method for doing so is providing your SSN.   Unless something has recently changed, as the account point of contact, you may be required to input your SSN in order to complete the account setup.   (PayPal will use your organizations tax ID for reporting purposes.)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.