£100k PayPal Reserve Being Ignored for 5 Months

jaycburn
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

My account was struck with a £100,000 "jump-start" reserve at the end of December, after a review of my business. I also was told 20% of payments would be held for 45 days, and the £100k hold would last no longer than 1 month to ensure we are running the business smoothly. 

I explained at the time this "jumpstart" was going to cause some major cash flow issues and stop our business from growing at the rate that it has (this has been the case, and damaged our business for the last 4 months), but I understood PayPal's reasoning for it and was promised I would be called back in a month to review this and get it released.

Here I am, many calls to PayPal later, messages via the Message Centre, asking managers, customer service and even trying to phone that team who deal with it directly, and I have been IGNORED continually since then. I still do not have access to my money. That team apparently have no inbound call centre and I am now going to have to stop the business, remove staff and make irreparable changes all because of PayPal's doing.

I need some legal advice on how I can get this money out. £100,000 is essential at a time like this to maintain healthy liquidity during this worldwide emergency, but I cannot support myself, my family or my staff as a result of PayPal. I have provided everything they have asked for, improved all customer service even more so than before, and dedicated hours to running this business smoothly despite not having this money.

I need some help to maintain my business, or we, like many others, will have to close, through no fault of our own.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

jaycburn
Contributor
Contributor

@Hemerk 
@jamie716 

@PneumaPsyche 
Can any of you please support the jobs of my employees in this emergency? I desperately need help to save people's jobs and my business.

I was told my reserve would be investigated over a week ago. Case PT8912457

Login to Me Too

jaycburn
Contributor
Contributor

As a result of still being ignored, I will be unfortunately having to remove staff from my team this week. 
I have called every week for the last 4 weeks, and each time been told to wait 72 hours for an update.
I have numerous tickets open such as PT-8912457 and PT-8981618.

I need help immediately! Please

Login to Me Too

Malibkr
New Community Member
Hey Man sorry to hear about this , i have the same issue they are holding 20k on jumpstarts reserve but said they will only release the funds if they closed my account and never used it again Did you fixed your issue or not yet ? If yes please tell me how
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.