what is the purpose of this payment?

Legender
Contributor
Contributor

hi all,

i have purchased some stock from ebay using paypal, and messaged the seller the shipping addresess for the buyers ..

the transaction was blocked, and they sent me email to ask about DOF of one of the recipients "my buyer"

I opened my account and saw a notification asking me "what is the purpose of the payment" in order allow the transaction ..

please advise what shall i do

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Legender 

"the transaction was blocked, and they sent me email to ask about DOF"

To clarify: Who block the transaction exactly? Who sent you the email? And what is "DOF"?

"purchased some stock from ebay using paypal, and messaged the seller the shipping addresess for the buyers"

You do realize that this is frowned upon/not ok. If you're buying stock, fine, have it shipped to you and then ship to the buyers yourself, since the buyers done paid for shipping or do you offer free shipping? What if the products shipped by this seller are not as described then you'll have your buyers barreling down on you with disputes. It'll be a train wreck. Sellers freak out over buyers asking to change addresses as they will lose their seller protection. Not just one address, but multiple addresses?  Too many loopholes to scam this seller with and the seller has to do the work that you should be doing for your customers?

You have no choice but to explain the purpose of the transaction. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.