unauthorised payment open case

krym12
Contributor
Contributor

Hello i have open case for fist time .item was bought via eBay for tatal £14.25 on 5.08 (wednesday evening) and dispatched on 22.08 which makes 5 working days. since that time I didn't have any contact with buyer on eBay saying he/she didn't order book or didn't authorise the payment. I was more than month ago and I get rid of proof of postage. case is open. if money would be refunded I will have no book or money. what I should do in that situation? please let me know what is best option and how to solve the problem. I have no respond from PayPal so far 😕

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@krym12

An unauthorised transaction means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent by your ?buyer.
If Paypal check IP addresses etc and find in favour of the account holder then of course they are reimbursed.

However you would not lose out either as long as you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, so your best bet is to go and read up on it to make sure you were covered.
BUT for that seller protection you would need to provide a tracking number that proves delivery of the item to the buyers paypal registered address at the time of the transaction.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

for UA,all she has to proveis that she has shipped,not necessarily delivered.

if she has thrown away the postal receipt,then she has nothing to prove

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nevadasmith

Not really as that is the 'minimum' requirement and not always accepted.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_GB#r011

For all other transactions: Proof of Postage (minimum) or Proof of Delivery

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

@kernowlass wrote:

@nevadasmith

Not really as that is the 'minimum' requirement and not always accepted.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_GB#r011

For all other transactions: Proof of Postage (minimum) or Proof of Delivery

well,if the seller has a shipping label with tracking and tracking said it was delivered to that addres or in limbo,that should be good enough esp if it is with one of the carriers like usps,ups ETC.

But what if the seller just shipped an empty box?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nevadasmith

Proof of postage isn't proof of delivery though is it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.