to customer one-time sale with paypal payment

IstvanSz
New Community Member

Hello! For a one-time sale, the buyer would have to pay EUR310, which includes shipping the product to France via TNT, so before I send Paypal an email that the partner has paid for the product and after receiving it from the buyer and sending me a confirmation from TNT paypal, they will be credited. I did everything after that, I gave it up, it was delivered, I sent the certificate.

After i got from paypal by email :

"We are contacting you at PayPal Transfer Department Concerning the Shipment Verification Process We Want You To Know That We Have Finished With The Process And We Can Now See That Shipment Is Valid, Your Money Is Ready To Be Activated But The Minimum Funds That Can Be activated into your account is $ 710.00

this is because it is an International Transfer Fund, we have contact our Esteem (buyer) to pay for the International Transfer Charges and also add the additional fee in the other for your money transferred and she has done that Payment of 400,00 EUR We want you to know the total amount of 710,00 EUR has been deducted from buyer's account, all you have to do now is to send the 400,00 EUR to buyer's Cousine in Georgia Through Money Gram Agent Money Transfer And Get Back To Us With The Money Gram Agent Details (REF NO), After You Have Sent The Money Through The Money Gram, You Will Be Given 8 Digit Number At The Money Gram Agent That Is What We Need You To send us and also get the Money gram Agent Receipt, As soon as you send the Money and get back to us with the Money gram Agent Details, We shall activate the total amount of EUR 710,00 into your PayPal account immediately because of the money has been deducted already from buyer's account and it is ready to be activated into your account after you have sent the 400.00 EUR to buyer's Cousine."

I am very mistrustful and hesitant about the above, pay + 400EUR to someone who has nothing to do with the transaction (is not my buyer) to get the sale price of 310EUR, all in another payment system (Money gram) saying that 710EUR is the minimum that can be credited to your paypal account. I haven't heard anything like this before, I have experienced in Paypal. What i have to do?

Thanks, Istvan

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@IstvanSz 

You don't have a buyer, its all a scam.

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.
They also 'sometimes' threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Once you have become a victim they may try again with more fake Paypal emails with other 'reasons' that you must send them a payment ....via moneygram or western union.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service eg Moneygram or Western Union etc.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@IstvanSz 

You don't have a buyer, its all a scam.

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.
They also 'sometimes' threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Once you have become a victim they may try again with more fake Paypal emails with other 'reasons' that you must send them a payment ....via moneygram or western union.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service eg Moneygram or Western Union etc.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.