seller protection - help needed

wackee
New Community Member

Hello all,

I think I don't understand how Seller Protection works.

I sold an item via eBay, received payment via PayPal. Shipped the package to USA with full tracking info.

After 6 weeks the buyer did not receive the package, the tracking shows the status as "in transit", but stupid eBay accepted his claim anyway and the money was deducted from my PayPal account. 

Now I assume the package is lost, and also my money is taken from me.

Now, I tried to open a case via PayPal, since the agreement it says that if my transaction is eligible (and it shows that it is) I am protected against such cases and I can get full refund for the transaction. When I try to open it via Resolution Center, it gives me an info that I cannot open the case because I received the money, not sent it (duh), so I should contact the buyer and resolve the issue. 

So next, I contacted the customer service of PayPal to open such case manually (mind you, I supplied them the scanned shipment proof), but they refuse to do it. Saying that since the case was opened on eBay, I should talk to eBay. But I did not open the case on eBay! The buyer did.

Am I doing / understanding something wrong here??

Thanks for any hints or explanations...

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Cfox1198
Contributor
Contributor

a lot of these smaller cases are disregarded and we are legally bind from the time the package leaves our hands and sent to the buyer. For next time you'll have to ship the item, get insurance and hope it makes it to the destination. Dont accept any payments before that..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.