refund

jcoul
Contributor
Contributor

hi

can anyone help..i had a case against me in paypal ,,,,to shorten this ..buyer was to return good for a refund ,,,,[problem is i dont have goods and paypal has issued a refund to buyer ...i wouldnt mind if i had the goods in my possion which i dont  ,,now im at a total lose losy the money and goods i was lead to belive paypal would not refund untill good where returned ,,,please help

jack

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

PayPal usually relies on the person who is returning an item to provide a tracking number.  Sadly, some people will provide a fake number and in many cases, PayPal does not follow-up to ensure that the tracking is valid and/or the item was received.   You may be able appeal the refund decision however, there's no guarantees on the results.   See this FAQ.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

PayPal usually relies on the person who is returning an item to provide a tracking number.  Sadly, some people will provide a fake number and in many cases, PayPal does not follow-up to ensure that the tracking is valid and/or the item was received.   You may be able appeal the refund decision however, there's no guarantees on the results.   See this FAQ.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jcoul

There are some cases where paypal will not ask for return of goods first.

1. If its a chargeback done directly via the buyers card issuer.

2. Fake goods.

3. Goods that are damaged and so unsafe to send in the post.

4. Where the seller does not respond to the dispute.

Once a refund has been made I'm afraid its too late to appeal as Paypal can't force a buyer to re-pay you again.

Thats some examples but there are others.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.