"Unauthorized Transaction" AND "Not as Described? Case under review and refund not processed...

phreaktor
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item for $400.00 to an eBay buyer in Germany (Made the account today/Zero Feedback) this morning.  Minutes later, I get a Dispute notice from PayPal claiming the sale was "Not Authorized".  Why do the Details of this "Unauthorized Transaction" Dispute say:
"You have agreed to a full refund and requested the buyer to ship the item to the address mentioned. Once you confirm that you've received the item, we'll process the refund and close this case.  The buyer reported that the item they received wasn't as described. We’ve placed a hold on the transaction amount until this case is closed." ?

The buyer made the purchase AND their eBay account just this morning. I have not sent them anything and I issued the refund via the Dispute immediately.  Also, will I be charged a transaction fee on this refund when it is processed considering the buyer is the one making the claim that it is "unauthorized" minutes after the purchase?  I have already sent the Cancellation Request on eBay.  I seriously home I don't get stiffed with a $12.00 cancellation fee on top of my wasted time looking into this.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.