possible scam:

YoungTrev
New Community Member

I advertised bikes on Gumtree and recieved several Emaiils - this is the final one:  

Thanks for the prompt response. I am ready to buy it now as a gift for my son and i am at sea at the moment as i am a maritime engineer and due to the nature of my work, phone calls making and visiting websites are restricted but I squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an email regarding it. I really want it to be a surprise for My son so I won't let him know anything about it until it gets delivered to him, i am sure he will be more than happy with it. I insisted on PayPal because i don't have access to my bank account online as i don't have internet banking, but i can pay from my paypal account, as i have my bank a/c attached to it, i will need you to give me your paypal email address and the price so i can make the payments asap for it and pls if you don't have paypal account yet, it is very easy to set up, go to www.paypal.com and get it set up, after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you use for registration with paypal so as to put the money through. I have a pick up agent that will come and pick it up after i have made the payments...Thanks!!!      I s it a scam?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.