paypal refunded buyer although case in my favor

smurf4
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

someone opened 5 disputes on 5 transactions as unauthorized transactions which were as family and friends transactions some of them were from last year. Paypal decided that all disputes are in my favor, Till this moment all is perfect and fair. Now on 03/25/2020 I opened my paypal account to find that my balance is in minus and all five transactions were refunded although I have nothing to refund in my paypal account. disputes were in my favor and now all 5 transactions are refunded. My paypal balance is -3000, any suggestions? as I will never pay this amount

Thank You    

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Jbshetty
Contributor
Contributor

Refunds usually takes 3-5 business days to process from the date the refund has been initiated. So please wait for 5 business days. What I guess is your negative balance will be resolved once you receive the refund successfully. 

Login to Me Too

smurf4
Contributor
Contributor

I think you did not get it. Buyer sent me money, buyer opened case. I won the case. paypal refunded the buyer (although I won the case) that is why my balance is minus

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hi there @smurf4,

Thanks for reaching out on our Community Forums. It sounds like the first set of disputes were sided in your favor, but then then sender of the funds went to their financial institution to file a chargeback. Since it sounds like your PayPal account is now negative due to these cases, it sounds like the cases were decided in the sender's favor. 

Friends and family transactions offer no Seller Protection and are designed to be received only from people you may know as a friend or family member. If you know the sender of these funds, please reach out to them to discuss the matter further. 

Here's some more information on the chargeback process: What is a chargeback, and why did I get one?

I hope that helps,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.