paypal official emails

cfranklinuk
Contributor
Contributor

I have something I have sold via Paypal but I am worried the person will be able to cancel their payment as soon as they receive the item, as it is only pending in my account? 

Also I have been e-mailed form <removed>  saying it it now time to send my item. This doesn't feel like a genuine Paypal e-mail address and the whole thing has put me on edge slightly. 

Please can you advise? 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cfranklinuk 

If it was pending it would still SHOW in your paypal balance but have pending next to it, I doubt it is is it?

If not then read this...........

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

cfranklinuk
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Thank you for getting back to me. This is how it appears in my account, but my total is currently at £0.00. Does this seem normal? 

paypal .jpg 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cfranklinuk 

Looks to me as if they asked you to send them a money request that they had no intention of paying....which is why its pending waiting for them to pay it.

Once they had the money request they had your email address so that they could send the fake email.

So the money request stays UNPAID in your paypal account and then they send you a FAKE paypal email telling you that they have paid and to send the goods.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

cfranklinuk
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your help. 

I have contacted the buyer to say I will only send the item if the payment is no longer pending or we can do a direct bank transfer. 

thanks again! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.