issues with Non-Receipt of payment

groovysomething
Contributor
Contributor

I have recent sold an item and used Paypal to do transactions.

I have emails paypal saying that money has been taken out of the buyers account and put on hold until I provide paypal with a tracking number after posting which I did and then got sent an email saying tracking approved and money will be in my account in Two days. I have not received the money and now buyer is saying that payable have taken double out of her account and when she asked for a refund payable told her that I had to refund £300 back into her account. I haven't receipt any money in my account and the purchase was £270 so not only has the buyer got my games console I haven't been paid.

Email address from paypal - can't add it here as wont let me

The paypal payment has been deducted from the buyers account and has been approved but will not be credited to your account until the shipment reference/tracking number is sent to us for shipment verification so as to secure Both the buyer and the seller.

Anyone come across this before.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @groovysomething,

I'm sorry to hear about this difficulty with a sale. Do you actually see the transactions in your transaction history? If you do not see the transactions and all that you have to go on is the emails, it's possible that the emails are spoof.

I would suggest logging in to your account, not through any links in the email, but by opening a fresh browser window and typing PayPal.com. If there are actually transactions in your account, they may be subject to funds availability holds. If there are no transactions, you can forward the email to spoof@paypal.com and do not send the item.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

groovysomething
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Oliva, been InTouch with both buyer and PayPal, now also InTouch with ActionFraud police online. The buyer has my games console and I have now payment for it. PayPal sent me emails saying that tracking Approved payment with then be transferred into my account and I have a signature from Royal Mail to say buyer has received it. She now claiming that PayPal have taken payment twice, so don't know who to believe tbh. The sad thing is that it's not my money, I sold the console to raise money for my friend's funeral, it's his families money so they are stealing from them. :+(
Login to Me Too

groovysomething
Contributor
Contributor
Also No transactions have been made to my account.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @groovysomething,

If no transactions are in your account, then there were no actual payments made to you and the emails that you received were not actually from PayPal. I'm sorry to hear that you have been a victim of this kind of scam. 

To learn more about the kinds of scams that are frequently seen, please take a look here.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

groovysomething
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I have just opened a case within PayPal sending them all the correspondence as I am unable to post the email address here, so will see where we go with that. I'm also getting the police involved. Thanks for advice.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.