fraudulent UPS tracking number given by vendor

kenpaprocki
Contributor
Contributor

A vendor gave paypal a fake UPS tracking number and when I try to dispute the claim in the resolution center, the robot will not let me put this complaint through - how can I get through to someone at paypal to notify them of this fraud. All they have to do is click the tracking number and see it has no address attached to it. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

TSully
Contributor
Contributor

I am in this process right now too. I got ahold of a PayPal representative today and she gave me an email address so I could forward the email I received from USPS. The letter states that the tracking number was real but was not in my name or to my house. The Post Office suspects fraud. I am hoping to hear back from someone tomorrow regarding this case. I am so frustrated with their process.

Login to Me Too

kenpaprocki
Contributor
Contributor
I contacted UPS in my case and got the REAL tracking number information which shows not only a different name but also address and PayPal STILL denied my claim, so I'm going back to their message platform and AGAIN providing the UPS document the backs up the tracking number fraud the merchant is committing. Furthermore I contacted the Better Business Bureau and made a claim against PayPal as what they are doing is completely unethical as is illegal. I have all the documentation to back up my case but I don't know WHO is judging the cases and what they're looking at. I want a name, I want to speak with a person. I'm dealing with people on line from India which makes things difficult since they don't comprehend a lot of what is going on. PP is truly the dregs of e-commerce, never never never again will I use them to purchase anything. On facebook I posted my case and on twitter and nearly 100 people have responded of bad experiences they had with PP, I'm going to contact national media regarding this, it should prove interesting.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.